Introduction


I can’t tell you exactly the moment I developed an incredible need to create, but what I can tell you is when I do go through periods where I don’t have some kind of creative project going on, my anxiety becomes significantly more unmanageable. As a super young kid, I can remember as far back as second grade, I was already drawing these elaborate battle scenes with fighter jets, dragons, UFOs, and who knows what else. Maybe even earlier than that I remember having an assignment where I was supposed to draw my dream bedroom, I recall it was a basement (I have no idea where I even got that concept because I had never been near a house that would have a basement), it had an indoor trampoline, a stage with lights and musical instruments, and if I remember there was a manhole cover that would connect me to the sewers where my friends the Ninja Turtles could be found. My imagination was pretty wild even at this stage of existing. I always thought I would grow up to be some sort of graphic artist but somewhere along the way there were other mediums that found me. Following in my dad’s and ultimately my older brother’s footsteps, music became my ultimate love. I also picked up a camera along the way, I tell people that I never did get any good at drawing or painting so I picked up a camera to capture the way I see things. Eventually in music, I took on the role of a frontman/vocalist/lyricist, which involves many moving parts: writing lyrics, arranging song structures, writing melodies, writing hooks, creating themes, naming songs, coming up with themes for records. I am completely in love and obsessed with this process.

 

This project that I am launching though, which I am calling, “Frontera Files”, is not about me. The point of this rambling is to explain my rabid need to be creative, and that idea has navigated me to the conclusion that I am not the only human with this necessity to create. One of the other things I have developed in my lifetime is a deep love for where I was born and where I have grown into some form of contributing adult. The region known as the BORDERLAND, made up of El Paso, Juarez, Las Cruces, and many outlying towns and neighborhoods who all have a part in creating this multi-cultural melting pot that produces so many talented people. This is the Frontera, and I want to show the world all of the wonderful people who represent it, if you are or know someone who’s story should be told, contact me!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carpe Instantia; Bobby Gene Cail

Dr. Anthony Ramirez